Sunday, December 14, 2008

I don't know which was more annoying

To the two movie-going douchebags who saw The Day the Earth Stood Still yesterday,

Even though you came in late and just had to have those two seats in the middle of an almost completely full row and thus disrupt those individuals trying to watch the movie as you made your way to the seats, why did you feel the need to answer your cell phone during the movie? I can understand if you forget to turn off your ringer. I have been guilty of that offence in various locales and as I mentioned earlier, you came late and did not see the "Turn off your cell phone" notice that appears before the film starts. I get it. But then to answer the call and have a conversation while everyone else around you is trying to watch the film. Wow, that certainly is the mark of a true self-involved douchebag.

However, I don't think the movie would have improved significantly without the aforementioned douchebaggery. Keanu was his usual cardboard cutout self. I was excited to see Jon Hamm in the movie, albeit briefly. However, he looked like he had just come back from a weekend bender - I guess it was to signify how his character has been working on the crisis day and night. The driver of the movie was the special effects, not the story, and it showed. The story was incoherent. There are many better apocalyptic-related films with the same environmental message (WALL-E, for example).

Save your money.

No comments: