I'm glad that Scrubs is back on the air. With last season's writer's strike Scrubs' "final season" was cut short the episode NBC chose to end the series was horrible. Luckily, ABC picked up the series for its eighth season.
I was happy to see that Ken Jenkins made a cameo appearance in the season premiere. I'm sorry that he won't be a central character anymore. He played the one-liner perfectly and was the master of the "lean-in" joke. I don't like who the show producers have brought in to replace Ken: Courtney Cox. Sorry, I just haven't liked her since the Friends' writers turned up the anality (yeah, it's a word...well, prove it isn't) and neurosis of Monica. Her character just got way too annoying and unfortunately now every time I see Courtney, I see Monica.
The season premiere was alright. It's always a tough job when a show is trying to introduce new main characters, especially when one of them is Courtney Cox (see aforementioned Monica-related disdain).
The second episode of the season was great and very moving. It was classic Scrubs: comedy mixed with real emotion and the ability to use the perfect song.
I look forward to the new season.
No comments:
Post a Comment