Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You take the good, you take the bad

My favourite part of my job is interviewing customers after they have been fitted with one of the company's hearing aids. Today, I spoke with a grandfather who said he was able to hear his granddaughter's voice for the time. Doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy?

However, I interviewed another man who told me that the first sound he ever heard was the sound of him urinating. I tried to work this fact into the customer testimonial I wrote, but better taste prevailed (plus, I knew it would not survive the review stage).

3 comments:

lalalala said...

That would totally convince me to buy a hearing aid!

Anonymous said...

at least people feel comfortable to express a certain sense of honesty? :)

Anonymous said...

Someone I work with is considering a career change, moving from teaching to technical writing. I should show him this post. Then he'd know that the job can Change Lives.