Monday, March 03, 2008

A milestone...of sorts

Well, this is my 100th blog post. I know this isn't, in the great scheme of the blogosphere, a tremendous milestone. There are many bloggers who probably reached this mark in their first month (Melle, Michelle, and Jason, come to mind), but these bloggers are smarter than me and have much more interesting things to say. I never thought that I would reach this milestone considering the large gaps in blog postiography over the years (seriously, how many times can I blog about whatever I saw on television the night before or the interesting characters I met in the laundry room). I always thought my blog would follow the same fate as Futurama: constantly pre-empted for NFL football games, only to be taken off the air too soon, and then come back as four direct-to-DVD feature-length movies.

Speaking of television shows, networks are always excited when a show reaches the 100th episode mark. Apparently, when this happens, the network can start making money from the show, usually through syndication deals. Now, I'm wondering if I should get me a piece of that. Should I start allowing ads for longer lasting erections and online degrees from uncertified institutions to be posted on my blog? I don't think I can. However, the evil forces syndication are strong. To battle these evildoers, I've founded Colin's Anti-Syndication Help but I can't do it without your help, readers. Be sure to make your cheques out to C.A.S.H. :)

Here's hoping I can make it to 200 posts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy ... blogday? 100th birthday?

Will you have balloons falling from the ceiling and those annoying noisemakers (left over from New Years, perhaps)? You should. It's what the networks do.

And the cheque, as they say, is in the mail.

Michelle said...

Congrats Colin, this is a milestone indeed and I think you can blog about what you saw on tv last night for years to come! I might do that today in fact.

I say no to syndication, especially if it would mean shilling for diploma mills; everyone should suffer through the pain of real schooling, like the rest of us!

I would donate to your cause, but my charity money is pretty tied up right now, with my own unregistered organization:

Michelle's Arms Against Robot Sedition or MAARS

Keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

Yes, each gave up a year of our life for the Ten Thousand Dollar Toblerone, so others should have to as well.

I'm with M--No Ads.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was the strangest packaging I've ever seen...I was actually disappointed when I opened it and just found a diploma. I would have preferred a Toblerone.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. I still have to get my toblerone sent to me, so I can add it to my collection of useless paper.

Jason said...

Congrats on the milestone and thanks for the shout-out. Of course, the reality is that probably 90% of my posts are single-line links to stuff I find on Reddit.com. But shhh, don't tell anyone!

PS - thanks for helping me out with my commenting problem.