Monday, February 11, 2008

"He's just a good ol' boy..."

A few weeks ago, I got nostalgic about a shirt I used to have as a child. It was a Dukes of Hazzard t-shirt.

Well, I was rummaging through the ol' photo albums and came across this:


Yup, there it is. Totally radical: Bo and Luke sitting on the hood of The General Lee. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any pictures of the back of the shirt: "Colin" spelt in iron-on glitter letters (these were before the days when we worried about kidnappers or identity thieves). By the way, this photo was taken at Storybook Gardens. Man, that place takes me back. Apparently, it's still going.

While looking through the photo albums, I found another great example of late '70s/early '80s fashion sense:



Damn, I look good. Man, if I would have been born 15 years later, I think I could have been a Gap kid. Look at how I use my surroundings (Metro Toronto Zoo). Seriously, we need to bring back brown and tan polyester leisure suits with huge collars :).

Getting away from fashion, I found some other photographs that I would like to share:

As the above photo illustrates, I was cynical even at the tender age of four months (I was cynical before it was even cool to be cynical :).

However, I wasn't cynical all the time. Here is a photo of the greatest Christmas gift I ever received: The Millenium Falcon - with combat alert sounds.

And lastly, in the vein of great cars, a photo of an AMC DeLorean from the 1982 Toronto Auto Show. I think if you look closely, you can see the Flux Capacitor, standard equipment on all DeLoreans :).

5 comments:

Melanie Baker said...

Jeebus... let's see... I am pretty sure my brother had that t-shirt AND that leisure suit.

And the Millennium Falcon (I remember the sounds!) and our neighbours up the street actually OWNED a DeLorean... for about 10 minutes prolly til it fell apart. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Those are classic pictures (and classic clothing). Awesome.

Michelle said...

Excellent post! I wish I had a scanner, I have some mad fashions I could share. I'm especially impressed by the delorean...also, how excited you are about the Millennium Falcon!

I was probably that excited when I got my Barbie Magic Voyager (all pink), until my parents had to assemble it; a close runner up was the year we opened our original NES. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sceptically-raised eyebrows baby Colin is Awesome.

I love the curtains (goldenrod? like the fridge when I was growing up) in the background, behind the DeLorean.

Didn't Mr. DeLorean try to save the company by selling cocaine or something? Ah, the 80s. Those were kinder, gentler times.

lalalala said...

I would totally dress my kids in those clothes. Cynical babies are great.