Well, when I arrived home today, there was a note posted up around my building. It began with the following salutation:
To Tennants "Above Ground"Let's overlook the spelling mistake for now. I think we have a bigger issue. Do we have other tenants who live "below ground" in the building? Or maybe my building is a portal to a parallel universe where a parallel universe Colin lives "below ground." Anyway, I live on the second floor so I figured that I was part of the "above ground" group. I kept reading.
Apparently, the note was intended for those tenants who park on the upper-level of the parking garage (although the lower-level of the parking structure is al "above ground"), asking them to move their cars so that the plow could remove the snow.
I always loved these notes around the building. They are quite fun to decipher (seriously, sometimes a fiendish-level Sudoku puzzle is easier to figure out :). There are always various spelling and grammar mistakes (like the one mentioned above, but other good'ens include mistaking "their"/"there"/"they're", "drier"/dryer" and "its"/"it's"). However, the coup de gras is the signature. The signature is always followed by "BA".
Now, in some situations, an individual would want to list their credentials (a job interview, for example), but not in a badly written note for building residents...you're just opening yourself up for ridicule.
P.S. I hope I have followed the roolz for quotation use in this post.
3 comments:
Thanks for the shout out...I think your landlord is clearly very awesome, I mean, he Does have a BA after all...you're a very "lucky" tenant. ;)
What a great idea for a blog. The restaurant where we have breakfast is called Your Place. One of the signs says "Your Place Family" Restaurant. It kills me.
This post reminds me of a building I lived in in Kitchener.
Michelle, I had to give a shout-out...first day of history school we're told to "cite our sources". I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror and say "I'm an apprentice of a historical nature" (which comes up a lot more than you'd think in the course of my day :).
Yes, I do feel honoured to have a scholar in my midst. I wonder what his degree is in...I assume either the field of communication or composition. I bet he only writes incorrectly to see if someone calls him on it.
Lissa, that restaurant name is pretty ingenious...I think they're trying to trick you into thinking that you're eating at "your place". That's probably why, after the meal, they keep asking you to clear off the table and clean your dishes :).
Post a Comment