Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Am I missing something?...

...they just rotated the square 45 degrees...this requires a new name?

I'm sure this is all part of a mastermind advertising plot to swankify (yeah, it's a word...well, prove it isn't :) Shreddies in order to offer them in a smaller box for a higher price. When I was in the grocery store today, I noticed the slummin' square Shreddies were on sale. Coincidence, I think not.

On the topic of consumerism, I purchased the Across the Universe DVD (most excellent) and Jack Johnson's new album, Sleep Through the Static (also most excellent). I've already posted my thoughts on the movie (since I bought it, you probably already know what I think about it - really, why would I buy the movie if I didn't like it?), so I won't continue to bore you with my thoughts and opinions on it here. However, in other matters, Jack Johnson's new album is great. I think it is his best work. For me, he just gets better and better with each album.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love love love "Diamond" Shreddies. I think it's hilarious.

Although, you're most likely right about the smaller box thing...which is a little gross.

BUT, this ad campaign is brilliant. They're mocking us! Hilarity.

Melanie Baker said...

I suspect it's tongue in cheek... I really hope it's tongue in cheek...

Anonymous said...

Oh, they had these ads last year in Calgary. They had me in stitches for weeks!

Anonymous said...

...mmm...consumerism and breakfast cereal: two of my favourites!