I remember when I borrowed my sister's Sex and the City DVDs and after watching the pilot I couldn't believe that the show was picked up after that initial episode. I thought it was horrible. However, Sex and the City turned into a great show. This is why I don't really like watching pilots - I don't want to unduly judge a show based on its pilot - and why I love TV on DVD. Humanity has never done anything better than TV on DVD (I'm including both the Renaissance and the George Forman Grill in that statement :). If I find a show that I like, but I don't watch it from the beginning, I can just catch up with the DVDs. Plus, you can watch the show without annoying commercials. Score.
Much of my TV DVD collection has been developed this way: The Office, My Name is Earl, Scrubs, Everybody Hates Chris, and Grey's Anatomy. I came into these shows late; I thought they were brilliant, and wanted to catch up on what I missed.
However, there are a couple shows this season that have peaked my interest:
- Journeyman: It's a show about time travel, how can it be bad? My fascination with time travel began with Back to the Future (Part One only. Part Two was confusing, and Part Three was just an attempted cash grab; plus, a time travelling train?!? Come on Doc. I can buy a time travelling DeLorean, but a train?
- Kitchen Nightmares: This is the North American version of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares in the UK. My sister introduced me to the UK version which airs on Food Network and I loved it. But what put the show over the top for me was Chef Ramsay's vulgarity. So, I am a little leary about this show, as it will no doubt be sanitized for North American audiences.
And let's not forget the season premieres of The Office and My Name is Earl are just around the corner...but seriously, I don't care about the new Fall TV season :).
2 comments:
Welcome back to the land of the blogging - you were missed!!
I'll be watching Journeyman as well - I'm looking forward to it.
Have you ever read "The Time Traveler's Wife"?
I didn't watch the Journeyman, but my sister and I nearly wore out our vhs copy of BTTF part one, we know it line by line. Time travel is awesome.
I second the Time Traveller's Wife, it's lovely and haunting; an excellent read.
I'll continue to watch Ramsey..just because... :P
yay Sex and the City, they are filming the movie as we speak and I can hardly wait.
And welcome back to the internets!
Post a Comment