This morning, I needed to do a load of laundry. I headed down to the laundry room, and being a Saturday, all the machines were taken. One washer was to be available in a few minutes, so I decided to wait there. I looked around for some reading material while I waited, as I have heard that laundry rooms are usually great locales for discarded books. Unfortunately, the majority of books were from the Sweet Valley High series. Not wanting my fellow residents to think that I'm a creepy and dirty old man, I took the only other title available: The CAA Travel Guide to Ontario (good book, by the way; you'll be surprised by the ending).
About 10 minutes later, a guy came into the laundry room to empty his clothes from the washer. He was pulling out shirts and pants when all of a sudden, a toothbrush fell out of the washer.
A toothbrush? Really? Okay, I can understand maybe pocket change, a piece of paper, or keys even, but a toothbrush? Now, there's an interesting backstory: why would he put a toothbrush in his pocket OR why would he put a toothbrush in with his dirty laundry? On second thought, perhaps I don't want to know that backstory.
Blogging about laundry. Riveting, I know. Be on the lookout for my exposé of the laundry detergent racket. I'll be asking the hard-hitting questions: why do so many laundry detergent brands have one-syllable names?
No comments:
Post a Comment