Monday, February 19, 2007

The Superhero Debate rages on

A former work colleague and I have a running debate about who is the best superhero. Growing up with the Superman movies and the Spiderman cartoon (along with the recent blockbuster movie renaissance), my loyalties are towards Clark Kent and Peter Parker. My colleague prefers the Silver Surfer.

Who? Exactly. I had never heard of him until my colleague mentioned him.

Well, apparently the Silver Surfer is being pulled out of retirement for the next installment of the Fantastic Four franchise.

I guess my work colleague has won this round. However, let me just say that Superman and Spiderman have carried many movies all by themselves; The Silver Surfer, on the other hand, has to play co-star to four other superheroes :).

And for all you Silver Surfer fans out there, here's the trailer for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nightcrawler all the way. Looks cool (who doesn't want a prehensile tail) leaves a cloud of brimstone when he teleports and has a German accent.

I'm not a purist, I like what they did with him in the 2nd X-Men movie, but they didn't use him enough. He should have been in all three movies then spun off into his own franchise.

2nd coolest: Green Arrow. Edgy (at least what I've read), no real super powers, bottomless quiver of arrows and the coolest beard in all of comicdom.

Cheers

Mike

Michelle said...

I'm a Batman girl myself...why? It's simple, no alien dna, no 'super powers', no mutation; just vengeance, cool gadgets and determination (plus he was all dark and broody).

I should also point out that Batgirl was a librarian...she had the power of Knowledge my friends.

Plus, unlike Superman, Batman actually has a disguise; it always really bothered me that Lois Lane could be so stupid, they're just glasses. He also has a butler and the greatest screen villain of all time: Jack Nicolson's Joker.

I think I've made my point. ;)