Saturday, February 17, 2007

Freedom to Read Week

A fellow Liberry Skool student is organizing a "Freedom to Read" event at Western (for more details, one person has done a much better job than I would ever do with putting all the pertinent details onto the Interweb).

I unfortunately cannot attend, as I will be proctoring a mid-term exam (remember those dreadful things :) for MIT 026B.

It's too bad, as I really wanted to read from Catch-22. So, I will just have to leave you with my favourite quote from the book:

"Like Olympic medals and tennis trophies, all pennants signified was that the owner had done something of no benefit to anyone more capably than everyone else."

The Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) has a list of banned books for 2005. Catch-22 was only ranked 57th out of 112 titles. Well, there's always next year :).

No comments: