Anyway, The Office this week was in fine form again and let me just say, I love the hour-long episodes, NBC. My favourite line was Andy Bernard (Ed Helms): "He smells like what I would imagine Pierce Brosnan smells like."
As I've mentioned before, I like watching Cops. Don't you judge me. Yes, it's my guilty pleasure. I think it's just the simplicity of the show that I like: a cameraman follows a police officer around. Plus, it's a show that can only be seen on Fox. Aside from their "news" programming, the show is what differentiates Fox from other television networks. Cops helped paved the way for other great Fox train-wreck reality programming, like Temptation Island and Trading Spouses.
What I also love about the show is the clothing, if there is any at all, and the normalized insanity of those on the show. Last night's episode did not disappoint:
- A woman was asking a police officer what they were going to do with her husband who had just been arrested by the police. The t-shirt she was wearing said "Certified Taco Technician." Awesome. Emmy voters, there's your winner for Best Costume Design.
- A police officer was responding to a domestic disturbance. The husband told the officer that his wife tried to commit suicide. When the officer questioned the wife about the attempted suicide, her response was: "Yeah, but I was testing him...to see how much he loved me."
1 comment:
I've never sat through an entire episode of cops, but what I've always wondered: when they are perusing someone, why does that suspect remove his shirt while being chased...is it an aerodynamic thing?
Post a Comment