Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This scared the bejeebus out of me

As I've mentioned before, I started this blog originally as my own virtual Fortress of Solitude where I could practice my writing. I debated for a long time whether or not to move my blog out onto the public Interweb. I was scared of what might happen if I made my inner thoughts public. I was scared of offending someone and of ridicule. However, as you are currently reading this blog post, you know how the story ends.

But my concerns pale in comparison to those of Kathy Sierra:

Death threats against bloggers are NOT "protected speech" (why I cancelled my ETech presentations)

I can't imagine what Ms. Sierra and her family must be going through right now. I hope that those responsible for the disturbing messages are exposed for the snivelling cowards that they are.

(Via Melle's Blog)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oh my god, that's horrifying, what is wrong with people!?!