Sunday, March 18, 2007

Oh yeah, well I'll raise you a public fainting and an atomic wedgie...

Princess Cosine was recently talking about most embarrassing moments and I thought that I would add to the conversation.

So, most embarrassing moment for me was in high school (surprise, surprise). Picture this: a young boy gets in front of his History class to make a presentation on The Great Depression (I know, exciting). Well, this poor lad is so nervous that he begins to sweat profusely. Then, he blacks out and hits the back of his head on the chalkboard ledge. Then next thing he remembers is being pulled up by the teacher and some fellow students and being taken to the nurse's room.

I was fine. I just couldn't show my face in the class again :). Oh yeah, and to those fellow liberry skool students who have an upcoming presentation with me, don't worry. I'm all better now :).

As for most embarrassing moment involving the opposite sex, well, there's just so many from which to choose :).

I remember going to a high school party and being pushed into a closet with a girl, making out, and ripping the back of her shirt in the process...oh wait, that wasn't me...that was Teen Wolf...good '80s movie...but how can you get mad b-ball skillz from turning into a werewolf?

But I digress. My story is pretty much the same as Princess Cosine's. It involved a card with all my sappy feelings for the girl and a stuffed teddy bear. I gave it to her under the guise that it was for her birthday (seriously computer geeks and scienticians, stop inventing ways to download Interweb pornography faster and start working on a time machine so I can go back in time and slap the younger version of me silly :).

Sure, it was a bit awkward for the few days following her rejection of my feelings. However, that wasn't as bad as the ribbing I got in the boys' locker room for it. Younger Colin, you were a geeky, overweight kid with glasses...you had enough problems; why did you have to go and add to them? :)

P.S. Why does the word "embarrassing" have the word "ass" in it? Is "embarrassing" trying to tell us something?

P.P.S. For Meshell: "I swore to myself if I ever got to walk around the room as manager, people would laugh as they saw me coming, and they'd applaud as I walked away." ~ Michael Scott

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That's fantastic, thanks for that one; Michael Scott makes everyone feel better about themselves! :P

Poor younger Colin! I want to give him a hug and reassure him that it will get better...oh presentations, yeah between crying and vomitting I had quite the time at school myself.

As for dealings with the opposite sex, I'm not printing any of those nightmares online...highschool is not a friend to the meek and geeky.

I think that like CDs with Parental advisory labels..single roses and cutsie stuffed toys ought to have a restriction on who can buy them..if the kid is 12-17: no sale!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I just want to give younger Colin a big hug. I think a big part of high school is that we don't really know who it is that we would work best with, so we never ask out, or say yes to, those who would appreciate our gestures. I have some embarrassing stories myself - I'll debate posting 'em. We shall see!

~T~

Kathleen said...

embarrassing moments rule.

you should post more.

Or else, do your financial management assignments.

:)

Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Teen Wolf...such a classic.

Anonymous said...

I'LL MAKE MY COMMENT POSTS WHENEVER I DARN WELL PLEASE...IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME!!!