Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday is the new Friday

I just finished my first week of liberry skool. "Already?!?", you are mostly likely asking. Yup, for the next 13 weeks, my week will end on Wednesday. That's just due to the kick ass schedule I was able to wheel and deal before the term started. In yo' face :).

It's been about as good as any first week usually goes for me. I didn't seem to be as nervous as I usually am, which is quite strange because I know fewer people in the program this term than I have in previous terms. Maybe part of the reason is that this term is my last term and I've already come down with a case of the "justdon'tgiveadamnitis."

It has been weird being back. I expect to see people but then realize that I won't because they have graduated and gone off to bigger and better things. There are a few people from my cohort finishing up this term as well, so I am certainly glad to see several familiar faces throughout the halls.

To end, here are a few things I've noticed in my first week:

  • 3 of the 4 classrooms where I attend lectures do not have a clock.
  • I have 4 classes taught in 3 different buildings.
  • One of the buildings where I attend class is called the "Staging Building" (a temporarily permanent building, I guess).
  • The Staging Building resides on the Thames flood plain (because nothing bad ever happens when you build on a flood plain...).

No comments: