On Saturday, I went to the Fergus Highland Games and Scottish Festival. I had a great time and was able to soak up the Scottish culture before the rain came down. The special guest for the festival was Diana Gabaldon, of the Outlander series fame. She was speaking at the Festival's "Genealogy and Education" seminar. I'm not sure that her talk had much to do with either of those topics. All of the questions from the audience were about her motivation and inspiration for the Outlander series and her upcoming title in the series. It was funny sitting in an audience filled with female fanboys :). But I have to say that she is a very engaging speaker and I'm going to start reading the Outlander series.
Today, I visited a friend in Toronto and went to the Taste of the Danforth Festival. Damn, it was hawt. But damn, that gyro was worth it. I wish I was eating it right now.
Oh, before I forget, I must send virtual huzzahs to princess cosine and the boy on your recent engagement, dave and noriko on your pregnancy, and andrea and reid on your recent familial addition.
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out!
Post a Comment