Sunday, August 16, 2009

TowelFAIL

When I went to shower after my workout today, there were no large towels left. So the gym associate handed me three small towels (which are basically over-sized washcloths). After I got out of the shower, I was reminded of that hilarious scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles (my all-time favourite John Hughes film) when Steve Martin gets out of the shower to find that John Candy has used all the towels for his shower and the only "towel" left is a washcloth.

I just realized that I've given you all a mental image of me in the shower. My apologies. To help cleanse your mind of that disturbing image (for those of you who know what I look like), take a look at the sneak peak of People's Most Beautiful People 2009.

For those of you who don't know what I look like, imagine Steven Page, former member of the Barenaked Ladies, in the shower, but minus the drug charges, and that should give you a pretty good idea.

Good news is that I'm off work from Monday to Wednesday this week. I was supposed to go to the cottage, but unfortunately I have two half-day sessions at the Diabetes Clinic at the same time. However, I found out today that because of the diabetes, the provincial health insurance plan will now cover my yearly optometrist visits. Enjoy paying for your $80 eye exams, suckers :).

No comments: