Thursday, November 23, 2006

Overheard on the TTC...

In honour of Overheard at Western, I want to detail my own overheard moment this morning on the TTC subway. The content on OH@W I find pretty innocuous (actually every time I read the blog, I silently pray that the gigantic meteor coming to wipe out humanity hurries its ass up :). The content from this morning's exchange, however, is not. It kind of scared me and showed how tightly wound we can all get and made clear to me that we all just need to relax (note to self: buy "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt).

First let me set the scene: a crowded subway filled with commuters heading to work. Some passengers are attempting to board the train while others are attempting to depart (and, take us there...)

Woman #1: (departing train, as she leaves she directs comment to Woman #2, angry) DON'T STAND IN THE DOORWAY! (exits train).
Woman #2: (ignores Woman #1).
Woman #3: Wow, what a C--T [Editor note: I'm keeping it PG. The word Woman #3 used is, I feel, one of the most offensive curse words and I don't want to repeat it].
Woman #3: Have a great day, cow.
Woman #1: (turns around toward train, raises middle finger, and storms off).

(...and end scene)

No comments: