Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh right, I have a blog

I guess along with a case of insomnia that I mentioned in my previous post, I've also come down with a case of blogger's block. Work certainly hasn't helped with this. For the past month, all of my computer time was dedicated to updating my company's various virtual properties for the upcoming product launch. However, the large part of the product launch has been completed, so now I am spending a few days away from the office on vacation. As I type this, I am sitting in a Mackinaw City, Michigan hotel. I know this locale isn't something that would make most people's top ten vacation spots, especially in late October (this was certainly made clear to me by the number of questions I got from the border office when I was trying to enter the US of A), but I was supposed to go earlier this year, in warmer climes. I also like visiting places that are bit off the beaten tourist path. Plus, those michigan.org commercials (with the Tim Allen voiceover) really got into my head.


Anyway, what's been happening?...well, several weekends ago I celebrated the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. My mom and sisters came over for a "I'm still cool and have mad Rock Band skillz" par-tay. It was nice and low key.

Well, after a six hour drive to Mackinaw City, this is where I'm going to end it. I will try to keep you appraised of my comings and goings in this Northern Michigan metropolis.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Colin,
I have spent much time in Mackinaw City in my journey-ing across northern Michigan to and from Saskatchewan. The view is quite lovely (I went to the fort-type place under the bridge when I was there). Also, St. Ignace is a great little town if you go across the bridge. They have a gorgeous library that looks out across the lake. Have a fun trip!
Susan S.

Michelle said...

I went there when I was little, are you going to the island? It is 90% covered by Fudge Emporiums, an excellent place to visit.