I was sitting in a vendor presentation today and the smarmy sales rep referred to his technical colleague running the demo as "bro".
Of course, once I got back to my desk, I was on the internets, post haste, researching the phrase. This is what I found:
An article from GQ - "Don't call me 'Bro', Bro"
3 comments:
So is "brah" for the uber-douchebags or something, then?
Who uses bro?
Answer: Michael Scott
Also, 'don't taze me bro!', one of the all-time classic lines.
I personally use 'dude', and sometimes I feel a little Bart Simpson-esque when I do do, and check myself accordingly.
Melle, yes. I would also classify the dreaded finger guns under the uber-douchebag/smarmy sales rep (because they are really one in the same) category.
Thanks Michelle. How could I forget Michael. I shall hang my head in shame.
I also use "dood" and the finger guns ocasionally...but I use them ironically, so I can't be considered an uber-douche :).
Post a Comment