Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Book Exchange, of sorts

A note to book-reading guys who are the token male of an all-female department at their place of business: when a departmental summer book exchange is organized, don't expect to find too many titles targeted to those with a Y chromosome.

These were some of the titles from which I got to choose:
  • Something Borrowed, Emily Giffen
  • Something Blue, Emily Giffen
  • Baby Proof, Emily Giffen
  • Various titles in the Shopaholic series, Sophie Kinsella
  • Various titles in the Outlander series, Diana Gabaldon
  • A cornucopia of Harlequin and assorted bodice rippers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you skip over the sex, er, "romance" scenes in the Outlander series, you might enjoy them. They're historical fiction. They're Scottish. There's action and fighting. There's mystery.

But there IS a lot of sex.

Michelle said...

I would like to point out that I am a lady, and none of those titles really interest me...I have the same problems during 'book exchanges', but my reasons are being incredibly picky and difficult. ;)

C said...

Another vote for Outlander ... theres more to them than just the romance stuff. They don't really have a definable category, they pretty much have a bit of everything (yes, including sex). I know a few guys who have read and enjoyed them, theres no shame in it! :)

lalalala said...

kw

~T~ said...

Wow, I read romance and find that an awful list. Maybe after someone reads the book you brought they'll broaden their horizons?