Friday, June 06, 2008

Indy should probably buy a lottery ticket

With the advent of the humid weather season today, I decided to hang out in the air conditioned coolness of my local movie theatre, as I was loathe to return to a warm apartment after work.

I decided to go see the new Indiana Jones movie: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or its lesser known subtitle, "Indiana Jones meets American Graffiti and ET". Growing up, I loved watching Raiders of the Lost Arc, Temple of Doom, and The Last Crusade. I don't really know why I didn't enjoy this most recent installment. It could be that I had a hard time buying a 66-year old Indiana Jones and his many narrow escapes from death throughout the movie. Srsly, the dude had more lives than a cat. There were a lot of classic Indiana Jones moments and action. I just couldn't get into it.

On a related note, while I was looking for all the links to the movies on IMDB, I thought of a game to play on the site (psst...in case you didn't know, I'm a geek - don't you judge me :). Anyway, think of two seemingly unrelated movies. Then, try to get from the IMDB page of one movie to the other only using the cast or crew links. For example, I can get from The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to Little Miss Sunshine in just 8 moves:

The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull > Harrison Ford > Crossing Over > Ashley Judd > Kiss the Girls > Morgan Freeman > Evan Almighty > Steve Carell > Little Miss Sunshine

Can you find the connection in fewer moves?

Update: Ooh, ooh, I think I can: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has Karen Allen in it who also starred in Scrooged with Bill Murray who starred in Ghostbusters with Harold Ramis who has recently directed three episodes of The Office which stars Steve Carell who was in Little Miss Sunshine. Dammit. That's still 8. Nevermind.

No comments: