Monday, May 05, 2008

So here's the deelio

I apologize for my virtual silence these past few weeks. Work has been a wee bit insane. In preparation for a product launch, I had to update four websites in three different languages. My days consisted of putting in ten hours at work, coming home, having dinner, and then putting in another three to four hours at home. I can tell you, after staring at a computer for 14 hours, the last thing I want to is to continue to stare at a computer screen trying to think of something to blog about.

Anyway, I expect to have more time to devote to leisurely virtual pursuits. Speaking of which, I have decided to cut down on the number of my virtual pursuits and deactivated my Facebook account for a while. I haven't been checking it and I just want to take a break from it. A few weeks ago, Michelle talked about "disconnecting from the network." (sorry, I'm just too lazy to search for the specific post - it's in this general area) Unfortunately, as a web dude at my place of business, it is quite difficult for me to disconnect. However, I am very intrigued with the idea. So, instead, I'm going to see what it's like to disconnect from Facebook.

I did procure Rock Band this past weekend to help me de-stress from work and to develop my mad guitar, drum, and vocal skillz so that I can show those weirdo gamers at my local electronics hypermegastore that I'm not a lamewahd :) ( oh yes, Jess, the microphone is much easier than the drum kit :). And who knows, maybe my dream of becoming a rock star will finally come true - because you know that the skillz you develop in a video game are easily transferable to real life - I don't know how many times I've had to jump on a Koopa shell or rescue Princess Toadstool by defeating Bowser :).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you happy to know that if you ever have to quest for the Master Sword, you know how to use a boomerang. I know I am. Can't wait to accurately throw bombs at walls either.

Anonymous said...

Sure, leave without saying goodbye. See if I care! :) (Thank goodness I'm resourceful and know where to find you - if only to haul your ass over hot coals...)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what'd happened to you.

On an unrelated note, this is currently a top five on the bbc's 'most emailed' and 'most read' lists.

Could be the content, but I suspect it's the TITle:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7390109.stm

Anonymous said...

Or try this, if you'd actually like to be able to open it:

http://tinyurl.com/4yts73

Anonymous said...

You have Rock Band? I've gotta get myself to the Kay Dub (sooner rather than later). Or, you could crash my currently-unscheduled-houseparty and bring it with you to Windsor!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Iona, I don't know how many times my boomerang has helped me to defeat orcs. I've also recruited a 4th-level elf with magic power to my motley crew of ragtag outlaws.

Rachel, I apologize for leaving so hastily. I'll dig out the firepit, you bring the matches and charcoal briquettes :).

K-O, that article was the biggest example of false advertising since my case against the Neverending Story :).

Anonymous, I would invite you over to my place to play Rock Band, but my mom always tells me not to open the door to strangers :).