Thursday, December 06, 2007

Vegas Update: Nerdlinger Version

Warning: The following post contains topics of a geeky nature. Reader discretion is advised.

I have been having a great time so far at User Experience 2007. The days have been long, but I've learned a lot. The speakers are engaging and know their stuff. My favourite session so far has been the discussion of application usability. It's been really helpful meeting people from around the world who share the same interest in usability and challenges in convincing decision-makers of its value. I'm excited to get back to work and start integrating these concepts into my own web projects.

Lastly, a virtual shout out to Nielsen Norman Group for providing free booze at the evening reception. Considering Las Vegas can get away with selling a bottle of water for $4, the bill for the evening must have been pretty hefty :).

Stay tuned for a less nerdly post on my Las Vegas experiences.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you're having nerdy fun, in las vegas no less, that's almost impressive. :P

You'll come back being able to integrate the hell out of your favourite usability -esque concepts.

$4 for a bottle of water..in the desert? bastards! I say, stick to the free booze for your hydration needs(science be damned).