I went to Stratford earlier this week. I am very glad that I did. I remember going once when I was in Grade 9. I didn't appreciate it as much then.
The Stratford Festival has a great deal if you are under 30 years of age. It costs me $25 for an Orchestra-level ticket.
I saw Coriolanus and Much Ado About Nothing. Colm Feore, Canada's finest actor, played the lead role, Coriolanus. Critics have said that it was one of Shakespeare's weakest tragedies. I enjoyed it, but I'm mostly influenced by Mr. Feore's fantastic performance. The costumes were great, with one notable exception of Coriolanus' last uniform. When I saw it, I thought Coriolanus had just joined the Solid Gold Dancers.
Much Ado About Nothing was a great production. It was set in Italy, early 20th Century. Again, the costumes were very well done. It was a great story with some hillarious lines.
Just a note to parents: if you are going to bring your young children to an evening production at The Stratford Festival, please make sure you can keep them quiet and don't allow them to climb over the seats and spill out into the aisle.
Stratford is a beautiful town. I brought my camera, but unfortunately left it in the car when I went walking along the river. Dumbass. So you'll just have to take my word for it that Stratford is beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment