- Monday, 18:30-21:30 - Collection Development
- Tuesday, 13:30-16:30 - Managing IT in Libraries
- Wednesday, 9:00-12:00 - Financial Management
- Wednesday, 18:30-21:30 - Enterprise Content Management
I'm pretty happy about the courses, and not just because I have an extra long weekend every weekend. I'm excited about the courses I'm taking. I am a little nervous about Financial Management, but it's probably going to be similar to the "Accounting for Non-Accountants" courses that I had to take in the first year of my undergraduate degree.
Along with the coursework, I have been offered a position as a TA a first year class, "Introduction to Information Retrieval." It's bascially teaching the young'ens about the Internet, search engines, library catalogues, and online databases. It will be a step up in terms of responsiblity from my previous TA position. Along with grading, I will be leading weekly tutorials. Yup, the power I will wield, moulding those young impressionable minds :).
So, I'm sure having Thursday and Friday off will help in balancing my school and work commitments.
No comments:
Post a Comment